Imagine if you could make your student loan disappear. According to American Student Assistance, a non-profit that aims to educate young people about money say it is possible.
Both the federal and state government, as well as some non-profit organizations offer loan “forgiveness” programs. Do the right paperwork and you could be loan free.
While there is no single comprehensive listing of loan forgiveness programs, there are programs for some specific professions. Here are a few of those:
Law school graduates who become a district attorney or a public defender are eligible to apply for the John R. Justice student loan repayment program. This program pays up to $4,000 a year towards an eligible applicant’s debt up to the maximum of $60,000 per graduate.
The National Health Service Corps offers an even more generous program for health professionals. This program repays up to $60,000 in debt in just two years for students working in medicine, dentistry or mental health in underserved communities. Graduates who are willing to work part-time on medical research could eliminate up to $35,000 in debt per year with a program funded by The National Institutes of Health.
If you are willing to trade a few years of service for loan forgiveness you are in luck. There are various federally funded loan repayment programs for fire fighters, teachers, nurses, librarians, speech pathologists and employees of non-profits. The programs don’t typically ask graduates to work for free but they might receive less pay in order to repay the loan. The value of the loan repayment is likely to more than compensate for the lost wages.
Because there is no comprehensive list of forgiveness programs it pays to do your research. There are many organization’s websites that can help students find the right fit.
A house and separate lot all in one??? You will be overwhelmed with appreciation! It’s a pleasure to market a home with such suitability!! Nothing to do to move in….it’s all here! The value is clear among the aesthetics, efficiency, and a superb location!! Light and bright sun splashed kitchen, highlighted w/ granite counters, and a beautiful backsplash! Need flexible living space? Use adjoining (updated) rooms, for dining, office, den, playroom…whatever you may need. Entertaining is easy with the open floor plan, large rooms, and functional lay out!!! You will appreciate the stamped concrete lined driveway and bamboo fence-lined yard, constantly reassuring you that class and practicality surround you wherever you are on the property! Large yard for you to welcome the spring and summer!! Don’t overlook the efficiency of gas heat, town water/sewer, and a quiet street w/ easy commuter access. Come take a look…and prepare to be wowed!!!!
With great pleasure, 560 Madison St. is presented to the market! Meticulous and pristine best describe this charming home beaming with ownership pride! Continuous hardwood flooring and exposed beams outline this spacious and efficient home. Huge GREAT room holds one of the 3 wood stoves and is perfect for entertaining, playing, relaxing, guests…? Open and updated kitchen conveniently located to first floor laundry and large front to back dining room offering endless possibilities! Curl up with a book in front of the wood stove in the den or heat your work shop projects with yet another cost reducing wood stove! Ample storage is created with a large basement and oversized 2 car garage! Embrace ultimate privacy on your expansive deck overlooking your solar heated pool. Rear of wooded lot lined by conservation land and desirable walking trails! Classic touches, quality finishes, appreciated updates, and for the first time ever, ready for its new owner!!
Classy and adorable upgraded ranch in a superb location. Tasteful hardwood flooring compliments your modern, granite filled kitchen and open floor plan. Well cared for and efficiently “loved” by the owners–all with preferred vinyl siding and logical upgrades!! Be the first to welcome spring from your rear screened in porch overlooking your fully fenced in back yard. Dead end street preserves your preference for quiet with easy access to major routes! Don’t overlook the convenience and ability to turn the key and move in! Affordable, convenient and ready for its new owner!!!
Wrentham Listing AlertsWrentham, MA - $259,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:25 hours agoWrentham, MA - $619,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:3 - Baths:3/113 hours agoWrentham, MA - $500,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/115 hours agoWrentham, MA - $314,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2
- Man Accused of Dragging Woman Under Car to Death to be Arraigned Friday March 6, 2014Editor's Note: The following includes information provided by the Norfolk County District Attorney's office. […]
- ARRESTS: Revere Man Booked on Robbery Warrants February 27, 2014Gregory Brown , 54, of Dorchester, was arrested at 12:49 p.m. on Feb. 14, and charged with operating after revocation, marked lanes violation, and three default warrants out of Cambridge, Wrentham, and Scarborough, Maine. […]
- Local Law Enforcement Investigating Three-Alarm Fire February 20, 2014A three-alarm fire that left five residents homeless and left heavy damage to a multi-unit townhouse this past weekend is getting a closer look from investigators, reports the Sun Chronicle. […]
- Wrentham backyard rink may be in final season February 17, 2014You hear a lot of folks saying they "can't wait for winter to be over," but you won't hear that from Mike Halpin. […]
- Fire breaks out in Wrentham apartment building February 16, 2014Residents of a Wrentham apartment building were forced out into the cold after a fire broke out Sunday morning. […]
- Man Accused of Dragging Woman Under Car to Death to be Arraigned Friday March 6, 2014